
No truer words were spoken Mr. Gunn. Holy wowza, those were some pants. I guess I could say "good for you for sticking to your vision" but there is no world in which Jackie O or a Jackie O wanna be would wear MC Hammer pants. And if you must stay true to yourself, at least make them fit. I can't think of a single time where I thought to myself, "I wish I could find some pants that would call attention to my crotch area." But if I ever do, I now know who to call.
I think it goes without saying that Michael D's design deserved to go. Again, I have never looked in the mirror in disgust wishing my hips looked bigger. Or walked into a store and said "Give me something dowdy and out of proportion!" To each his own.
As for the winners, please please please make Mondo's design available on Piperlime. If it takes me two years to lose enough weight to wear it, I'll make it work. The skirt is nostalgically similar to one I used to own in the '80s - taken from a friend's "costume closet" of her dead grandmother's clothes - clothes she laughed at while she wore acid wash and bangs raked up to the heavens. And since I am a fan of mixing patterns, Mondo's shirt was perfection. The directional change of the stripe on the sleeves was pure brilliance. I love you Mondo, my little design pixie.
The judges must have had a hard time coming up with two more winners. Ivy's top and pant were good but I hated the jacket. Or, more precisely, I hated the fabric of the jacket. It didn't flow very well and seemed stiff to me. And Christopher's was a cocktail dress with a torn up piece of mangled fur on it. A pretty enough dress, I guess, but you know the only reason he was standing there was because of the vapid January Jones (seriously, no wonder she is so good at playing Betty Draper. She is Betty Draper. Liked the eyeliner though).
This episode also slammed the nail in the coffin for Gretchen for me. Sure, she's thoroughly irritating, but this isn't a personality contest. Unfortunately, Gretchen's interpretation of chic, luxe and tailoring is just...well, wrong. Girl's last three designs have been same color, same shape, same crappy finish. If it looks like something my deluded brain thinks that I could make if I finally went to Target and bought that perennially-on-sale-for-$60 sewing machine, you best check yourself lady.
3 comments:
Best blog title EVER. :) And I want to own Mondo's shirt too!!! For REALS!! Talk about a come back from last week's blinding swimsuit and windbreaker. Can't wait to see what he does next... On the other hand, I CAN wait to see what Gretchen does next. I agree...snoooooooooze fest.
It is true, Kelly. Gretchen is the worst. I stand by my statement. I thought Michael was hilarious when he was acting like he thought her design was "SO CHIC" and "So JACKIE O" and then admitted on camera that he was playing along and totally lying. hahahah. hilarious.
*Caitlin
The thing about admitting he was lying is that I now wonder if he really did say that stuff about Ivy. I mean, he REALLY laid it on with Gretchen when he could have made a polite, encouraging statement and moved on. But then again, Ivy is a ball of crazy so it's entirely reasonable that she made it up.
Post a Comment