
Team Challenge! My favorite. And 6 people per team! That's a delicious recipe for disaster.
First off, Heidi specifically said no team leaders...I'm looking at YOU Gretchen. That was the most bizarre 180 from tearfully declaring "we all worked so hard and are so proud of our collection!" to "I feel I had to style a crappy collection and was just trying to save it". Gasp! And I still don't understand why they were all pointing fingers at Michael who had immunity. What was the point of that? I must say, out of all the cool choices on the nifty velcro board I was surprised that Team Luxe picked "camel" and "menswear for women". I can't say I liked the other team's collection much either, but they made it work with a challenging combo: "military" and "lace". That's no joke.
Shocker of shockers the "fantaaaaaastico Casanova" pulled it out! Heidi even wanted to wear his outfit herself which should help boost his fragile ego. I thought his "major diva moment" was hilarious to watch. Kudos to his model for being the only one able to convince him not to quit (there's no way he would've gone through with that threat, IMO). Pull yourself together, hombre!
The final outcome of this one was obvious once the bottom three were standing on the runway. As if the producers would let Gretchen go this early for drama factor alone! We love to hate her. Although Tim Gunn is having none of it. That was quite a Team Luxe scolding at the end for "allowing Gretchen to manipulate, control and bully you". Wow, go Tim! I think he set the tone for next week and we can probably expect to move from passive aggression and quietly hurt feelings to full-on, claws-out, cat fights and total breakdowns. Something to look forward to! ;)

5 comments:
It was *so* delicious to watch Team Luxe implode! DELICIOUS! Among the things I loved the most: their choice to pair camel with raspberry, the Golden Girls references, and watching Gretchen slowly melt under scrutiny.
The choices both teams made was pretty brave, whereas brave = dumb. I'm still not sold on the military lace business but it was hands down better than boring camel. And hooray for Team Bad News Bears.
Nothing will ever make me as happy as Tim Gunn giving Gretchen the what-for.
I just realized that I didn't say anything about any of the actual outfits! But that's because, for the first time in Project Runway history, I didn't like a single one! Apparently I'm not ready for these so called "up and coming trends".
I absolutely agree that ALL of these looks were gross...but I would have sent Ivy packing before AJ. that was a total maude!
and I still don't understand how gretchen was able to manipulate those dingbats into throwing MC under the bus when she was CLEARLY the mastermind behind this camel dung. maybe she spiked their tea. I hate gretchen.
What about Ivy? That girl needs some serious help. Her outfit made me want to run screaming from the room, not to mention her attitude. And at the end of the episode, she seemed so appreciate of Tim's "epiphany"--out with Ivy!!!
Post a Comment