I think this was the best "after the runway" segment in the history of PR. I've never witnessed so many deserved eye-rolls as were directed at Gretchen after her ego-rampage this episode. While her outfit was very normal and "cool", as Nina mentioned, it was not creatvie AT ALL. Come on, it isn't THAT HARD to make what Gretchen kept boasting to Tim as "hand-cut cheverons" into tinsel material--BORING. While the "leather" jacket was cool, the undershirt did look like paper.
Besides the ever-aggravating Gretchen showing her true colors this episode (those being tan, black, grey and conceited) I think there were a lot of standouts that went un-noticed. Christopher's beautiful brown dress was stunning, as was Michael C.'s red dress. It was a CRIME, a CRIME I tell you that Michael was not in the top two when he clearly deserved to be a winner along with Andy's stunner of a little black dress. The "always a bridesmaid" Valerie also created an awesome dress made of 600 napkins--I believe Betsey when she said she would wear it AND use it to freshen up at a party if needed.
God Bless the ever adorable Betsey Johnson for not completely smashing A.J's dreams. That dress was a cotton candy nightmare. While Sarah's dress was the least finished and professional looking (thanks to Gretchen steering her astray) I don't think she should have gone before Casanova. When are the judges going to wake up and realize he will never produce a nice piece of clothing?
What will happen next week?! Will Gretchen continue to villain-ize herself? Will Valrie finally take top honors?
Besides the ever-aggravating Gretchen showing her true colors this episode (those being tan, black, grey and conceited) I think there were a lot of standouts that went un-noticed. Christopher's beautiful brown dress was stunning, as was Michael C.'s red dress. It was a CRIME, a CRIME I tell you that Michael was not in the top two when he clearly deserved to be a winner along with Andy's stunner of a little black dress. The "always a bridesmaid" Valerie also created an awesome dress made of 600 napkins--I believe Betsey when she said she would wear it AND use it to freshen up at a party if needed.
God Bless the ever adorable Betsey Johnson for not completely smashing A.J's dreams. That dress was a cotton candy nightmare. While Sarah's dress was the least finished and professional looking (thanks to Gretchen steering her astray) I don't think she should have gone before Casanova. When are the judges going to wake up and realize he will never produce a nice piece of clothing?
What will happen next week?! Will Gretchen continue to villain-ize herself? Will Valrie finally take top honors?
3 comments:
My kids were super impressed when I mentioned that Gretchen's skirt looked totally Tina Turner, which was repeated by Betsey Johnson. Though they have inherited my no-fashion sense, and they have no clue who Tina Turner is, they thought it was impressive that I said the same thing as a lady on TV! Thank you, Project Runway, for making Mom look cool.
Go Valerie!!!
Having picked Michael C. and Sarah I'm all worked up that Gretchen was in the top 3 over Michael and Sarah went home over Cassanova. So wrong!
I was super irked by Gretchen's "hand-cut cheverons" boasting too. So funny. Like we were supposed to be wowed by something a 3rd grader could do?! Really, Nina? "Fabulous"?? I had more faith in you! Here's hoping the judges come to their senses next week.
p.s. I enjoy pretending like I know more than 4 of the top fashion icons of the world. ;)
HATED Gretchen's skirt. It reminded me of my kid's bikes in the 4th of July parade. Puleez. I did like the jacket, but not that much. Glad for Andy.
Cassanova is a hoot. I'm glad he's staying for color.
Post a Comment