
I imagine the internet is a flutter with hoo-ha over Gretchen winning again, but gosh darn it, she deserved it. Lovely as Valerie's dress was - I loved the neck line and pockets - that stupid zipper did her in, in my opinion. You may recall my aversion to most things 80's retro (see post: A Little Help) so this shouldn't come as a surprise. I would not have been exactly outraged had Valerie took top honors. But to my sensibility, the pant suit was better. And believe me, that is a sentence I never thought I would type.
As for the rest of the crybabies (seriously, what is up this season?), there was a lot of misplaced confidence rolling down the runway. I have to hand it to AJ for being one of the few to admit his garment looked not-so-hot. Peach, of course, took the mea culpa cake. I'm still not sure what she's about design-wise, but god bless her Midwest accent. I'm just waiting for her to go to Moods or run to Paneras for a quick bite. Or is the random pluralisation of names just a Michigan thing?
Taking self-delusion to grand new heights, however, was the also semi-creepy Jason. Holy jeebus, that man would annoy the CRAP out of me in real life. He is one of those people that would make me want to quit my job if I had to work with him. Or punch him in the face. The man will never suffer from self confidence issues, that's for sure. So kick him to the curb and let him get on with his life while I watch Project Runway in peace and without the need for blood pressure medication.
5 comments:
I love Mondo with all my heart.
Big ups to the producers for already making the first two episodes full of more excitement than the entirety of last season.
At first I was going to say no way can Gretchen win because a mousy Portland gal won just a couple of seasons ago. But then, Jeffrey and Seth Aaron were both West Coast punk-dad-types, so what do I know. Maybe they are actually judged on their strengths and not on the demographics the producers are looking for. Wait, nah.
Case in point: Jason staying the game (oh wait, "getting on the show" in the first place) over cute dreadlocked girl on first episode.
I can't, just CAN'T get on board with the whole onesie for an adult idea. Thought red dress girl should've won despite the zipper.
I didn't think cute dreadlock girl should've gone the first episode either. Her dress was totally fine.
I cannot wait to see what Mondo does next! I'm also waiting to see why Gretchen said "Casanova would be annoying if he weren't so charming...." Charming?! Um, okay.
Emilia, I completely agree with you on the Casanova comment. Random aside, I think Gretchen must be lying about her age--she seems a lot older to me than 28--why this matters, I am not sure but I can't help but compare myself to reality tv shows where they post people's ages. As for dramatic boys this season, there sure are a hell of a lot--all of which don't seem to impress me much.
I always thought the s at the end of a place of business was possesive, i.e. pete's or jim's or costco's.
Pantsuit. . . Ugh. Did you see how shiny her butt looked in this? Even my kids noticed!
Post a Comment