It's been a shaky start to this season here at Don't Bore Nina HQ. A few [brilliantly timed] trips to the hottest parts of the country during the hottest weeks of the year happened to coincide with the return of our beloved fashion show and threw me off schedule. As it turns out, upon my return I further discovered that I'm more apt to accept an invitation for margaritas on the patio over streaming Lifetime television shows, and for that, I half-heartedly apologize. But now that I'm caught up, let's try a quick recap, shall we?The excitement begins in our season opener with the First-time-ever-we've-invited-50-people-on-the show-but-only-20-will-survive episode! I was expecting a bloodbath and got nary a splatter. There wasn't enough time to care who didn't make it to the actual show, regardless of their attempts at manipulation via a postponed Icelandic wedding. Girl was getting married either way. In Iceland.
Still, there were some curious choices for who made it as evidenced by Rafael's brief stay with us. Three-quarters of the way into the show I started getting this nagging feeling that things are a little off this year. My first clue should have been the inclusion of Michael and Nina in the opening credits/scene. Don't pander, Nina. It's so beneath you. But there also seems to be some new backroom agreement regarding judging this season where boring trumps poor tailoring or just plain ugly. It becomes more apparent in Episode 3 and Rafael just happened to hit the trifecta with his design in the opener, but tell me I'm wrong about this. Does the judging not seem a little strange?
0 comments:
Post a Comment