Monday, February 8, 2010

Checklist of everything that's tacky


Poor Jesus. Some people are meant for the runway and some people are meant, well, for other stages. I think he could have a real career designing for some of the Real Housewives, but Fashion Week? Not so much.

Overall, there wasn't one dress that I'd call good. To their credit, it was a horrid challenge. Their intentions were noble, but making these women, whom they were supposedly honoring, a walking billboard for soup was downright shameful. Adding insult to injury, only giving the designers one day to design for non-model bodies was unnecessarily cruel to the guest models. So in the poor design/good fit category, props to Anthony, Seth Aaron, Jay Nicholas and Mila.

Was it just me, or did it feel like the judges were reaching for a top three. When you reward creativity in theory over actual fit, there's a problem. And yes, I'm looking at you Maya. You made the poor woman's boobs look weird and that's not something that should be overlooked. The best I can say for Amy's dress is it was nice enough. If Jesse had chosen better fabric, I think he would have been top 3 instead of bottom. All things as they are, if Amy's dress was considered a winner, then Emilio should have been in the top.

I'm heading over to facebook now to start a "Boycott Campbell's because they degrade women and insult fashion". One million strong!

3 comments:

Emilia said...

I was SURE that the judges were going to tear apart Mila's dress. Once whoever it was said it looks like a huge flag that's all I could think about!!

Anonymous said...

SHQ (#1!!!!) says:

All I can say is that RED is such a bad choice to force people to use. And the campbell's logo? the purse really was the best use of that...

I thought the loser should have stayed b/c even though his dress was trashy, it was well made. The other gal had a horrible dress poorly made. Really bad choice of Nude colored material. Blech.

Two great quotes:
"we are in a crises mode on the scale of chernoble" and "you took everything tacky and combined it into one dress."

lady librarian said...

I'm ok with Jesus leaving because he's been in the bottom 3 every time! or at least 3 of 4 times. He makes the same dress over and over adjusting only the length. The judges knew they weren't going to see anything else so kick him to the curb. Though I agree that Anna's dress was horrible. As a cuddly lady myself, I could have told you the length was a big no-no even before she started sewing.