Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Allison, are you ready for the circus?


Kids say the darndest things. I actually liked this episode much more than I thought I would. And oh the surprises! Jonathan threw a roll of toilet paper down the runway, Emilio tried to bore me to death, Mila busted out her one trick and Amy got... creative? The clown pants were shocking, no doubt, especially coming from her. But I can't bring myself to say anything bad about them because 1. she took a risk and 2. she handled herself impressively on the runway. No excuses, acknowledged the risk and poor decisions while standing firm on the choices she still believed in. Plus, take away the black and make it a skirt, and hey! it's actually not bad.

What wasn't so shocking? Bad ass Seth Aaron making two bad ass outfits (outfits?! Is that even a real fashion term? What is this, Garanimals?). Seriously, Seth Aaron brought.it. That jacket was amazing. And good on Michael Kors for giving him the props for tailoring. Good tailoring that made Jesse's well intentioned but horribly executed designs look all the more sad. Do they not teach basic construction in fashion school anymore? Is it like art school and all you have to do is declare it fashion to succeed. That and constantly tell your professors how genius they are. But I digress...

I did actually like Jesse's design and Jay Nicholas' was pretty chic, though honestly also a little boring to me. And not fair that his child model appeared a good 4 years older than some of the others. But maybe she's an early bloomer. You looked beautiful kid!

Janeane is finally gone. Girl is lucky she lasted this long. She seems nice and I may even buy a dress from her in Portland one day but high fashion, she is not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SHQ here: I have been dying to comment this week.

I broke out in hives seeing Emilio's princess dress. It's every bad nightmare I had from being dress by my mom in the 1970s. She was still dressing me as if it was 1961 and it was traumatic. Emilio, you should have been eliminated for giving me nightmares. AWFUL.

I loved Seth Aarons outfits, both of them. He's got a future as a kid designer for sure!

I concur on Kelly's critique of Amy: good job on the risk. I thought the petal skirt wasn't too bad, really. The pants, well. The colors were so 1980s. Ugh.

Um.

Emilia said...

Ha! Your tags crack me up, Kelly.

I am kicking myself for deciding to ditch Seth Aaron this week too :( I must say, my favorite part of the runway show was his little models facial expression! So cute. She rocked that outfit. And I want it for Siena!

SHQ, you make me laugh. Emilio's princess dress was just DREADFUL. And looked humongous on that little girl! I was shocked he wasn't in the bottom 3.

This was my favorite episode so far :)