Thursday, September 22, 2011

Those boobs to me are trouble


Poor Olivier. He can't stand it that a woman has the audacity to not only have breasts but has to go and speak too. Can the little fella catch a break? He just wants to live his life exploring every shade of beige at a very slow pace so he can design for 1% of the general population. The hapless elf is going to have a doozy of a time next week when he has to dress *gasp* a man.

I also find myself tiring of Laura Kathleen's designs. She is just good enough to get by - and yes, I understand her client wanted to look like a Barbie, but it still looked very Laura Kathleen. Which is to say, Laura Kathleen is very good at making Barbie clothes.

Bert has got to go soon. He may be limiting his passive aggressive selective short-term memory comments, but he won't step out of his game and his game already has a name. It's called Ann Taylor Loft. ZING!

As for Bryce, was there really any question that he would be next to go? I actually liked the pockets, or beer holders, if you will (thanks for the tip Michael Kors!). And the color worked really well on his client. But oh the fit. What exactly is the HTML emoticon for sighing and shaking your head in frustrated disbelief? Insert that here. You were a good sport, young sir. Best of luck to you in your self-imposed sketching exile.

On to the top designers...


Josh M, you lucky devil. Of all the designers this year, he is the only one to have won two challenges? His restraint was indeed remarkable and should be a great lesson in client relations and artistic editing. But I will bet you a Seattle tunnel no lesson has actually been learned. Girl would bedazzle a sequin dress given the opportunity. Don't get me wrong - his dress was beautiful. But I felt like his win was a reward more for what he didn't do than what he did.

That said, I didn't love Anya's dress. It was that waist detail that was particularly bothersome. I spent most of the episode trying to decide if it was a top with fringe hanging off of it or an unfinished part of the dress. But she did take a chance and her client looked lovely in it.

Viktor is slowly becoming my favorite. I didn't think much of his designs in the beginning, or more accurately, I didn't think about them at all. And though I still don't know what his style actually is, I like what I've been seeing. I would want to wear it. Which likely means he's not high fashion enough. Consider that I, for example, would have told him to nix the necklace and keep the clutch. I am pedestrian that way. Of course, my reaction to the news that Piperlime was giving all the ladies free jewelry was "I would be psyched if it was a free purse. I can't imagine finding $500 worth of jewelry I'd want to wear." Somewhere out there is a man who is going to be very happy to meet me.

1 comments:

Tifani said...

Think you might be generous with that 1% Olivier designs for. In the first couple of episodes, I thought I might be his customer (shades of beige and architectural form, yes, please). Now I know he thinks I'm the sludge of the earth because I have boobs. I wanted to strangle his whining sorry neck in this episode - I nearly turned off the tv.

Well said re: Victor. I saw the tables full of gaudy jewelry and was like, ***yawn***. Hooray to real women who can appreciate good design but not suffer the fate of needless "accessorizing"!