
Can I just say how much I love Mondo?! After a well deserved third win in a row he has shown time after time just how talented (and inspiring) he really is. This week’s episode was an emotional one, with an enormous revelation from Mondo, tears from nearly everyone, and visits from family that left Andy feeling completely directionless and Christopher channeling his inner Casanova with a demure snoozefest.
Hats off to the judges for finally giving the designers a good surprise – a day to spend with their visitors! After weeks of surprise twists from the ominous little black bag, that had to feel great for them. Too bad it knocked a few of them off their game.
What on earth was up with Heidi’s disco ball dress? She’s been dabbling in some pretty random looks this season, and I think it may be time to fire her stylist. I just can’t take her comments in judging seriously when she’s dressed like an exploding container of multicolored glitter or sporting a gigantic rose on the top of her head.
This week’s runway judging was pretty tame in comparison to the past few weeks, although I did enjoy Michael Kors’ “fried egg boob” comment for Gretchen. So glad she clarified that the half circle on the pants is the shape of a bonnet. Before that point I thought maybe sun bonnets were square or triangular. I have to ask, did no one really see the similarities between April’s and Valerie’s skirts? Was it just me? The top of April’s dress was vastly superior to Valerie’s, but still. And call me sentimental, but I had to smile at Valerie’s lovefest at the end of the episode. It was clearly her time to leave, though. She’s a sweet person, but her design skills just aren’t up to Project Runway standards.
The next episode is guaranteed to be interesting with Heidi as the client. And I can’t wait to know more about the cheating drama!
3 comments:
What?? I haven't heard anything about cheating drama! Fun!
I heard Mondo, for sure. Andy flaked out-- which surprised me. It could have been great for him, but those SHORTS. Blech. and the collar. too prim even for me...
I liked Michael's design, especially the yellow piping, but when Tim pointed out that it looked like a tie, I was less enchanted. A little redesign and it'd be great.
Gretchen's shirt was tragic. Just tragic.
Thank you for pointing out Heidi's hideous outfits this season! I've been thinking the same thing for weeks but the polka dotted get-up from this episode sent me over the edge.
Things are starting to get predictable now so the cheating scandal should be fun.
Valerie proved to be quite the class act with her exit. And obviously, I heart Mondo.
Post a Comment