
Let's just get this out of the way. Jonathan won because the French love romance and he has yet to win a challenge. Not that I didn't like his design. I did. I thought it captured his element wonderfully, showed real innovation with the fabric and as Jonathan said, "pale gets pale" (and I, sir, am pale). But it also felt incomplete. Or maybe just too short. Seth Aaron's design should have won. The end.
The four elements was an interesting challenge. It gave everyone enough creative room to really show their perspective or, in many cases, cave to the pressure. Ben's jock strap pant deserved to go, but I wouldn't have cried if Amy went home either. A hairy boob does not a lady make. And why so glum everyone? Apparently they all decided to dress a funeral for our Mother Earth. Even Maya's pretty water concept was more Detroit River than blue lagoon. Though Lord help me, I actually liked Mila's pedestrian mall outfit, sucker as I am for asymmetrical design. Not as much as I loved Michael and Nina recognizing that she is lost without a crisp black and white block, however.
Other random highlights:
Tim Gunn announcing that Anthony is on fire.
Anthony pointing out that Amy's model needs a Nair affair up there.
Losing count of the times a look was declared weird or odd.
French judge defending his opinion with the statement, "But hey, I'm French".
"Jock strap pant detail". I just like saying it. Try it!
This post brought to you by Garnier Fructis Style Flexible Control Anti-Humidity Hairspray, which must always (ALWAYS) be referred to in its entirety.
2 comments:
Ok. So, Seth Aaron, once again, I love you. I love you so much, I don't even know what to say any more. Your leather ensemble--beautiful. Thank you for not going crazy with the silver studs, that would have ruined it for me.
As for Amy, you ruined my score! How does blonde hair even signify fire? I don't get it.Last but not least, Mila--you disgust me.
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! You crack me up, K!
Post a Comment