
This post's title may be lifted from Mr. Gunn's critique of Josh's fabric but it pretty well sums up my thoughts on this season. I'm feeling not a little bit fatigued from the amount of manipulation the producers have put us through. But this latest switcheroo was the last straw. Three designers go to Fashion Week. THREE. Yes, the decision may be hard and some rules are made to be broken and all that. But you don't mess with the very premise of the show. Unless the producers' goal was to incite anger in longtime viewers and lady bloggers, in which case, bravo and well done.
The one tradition they decided to uphold was the "Dear lord, none of the collections are that good" teaser episode. It's almost not worth critiquing the clothes because the collections always end up magically different by the finale. But I'll give it a quick whirl.
I was disappointed in Viktor's pieces. That is, until the judges literally deconstructed them. I hope he decides to zip down that leather skirt and use it. I loved it when it was in his studio. The jacket, however, was a little too baubly for me.
Josh amazed me with his ability to actually dial it back a bit, even if his garments didn't. I did like the jacket and didn't even mind the hot pink pants that accompanied it. Not so amazing? His jerk-ass jerkiness. But fun seeing orange skin runs in the family.
I don't really get Kim's appeal. I definitely don't share her aesthetic. But I also find her work to always look a little unfinished, or at the very least, unpolished. That said, I really liked her gown. She knows her way around a sparkle (Josh, take note).
Sadly, Anya was thoroughly disappointing. I still feel like she is the best designer, but she did not bring it. The color palette didn't help matters, nor did the shoes. But she's been known to pull it together gorgeously at the last minute, so I half expect a completely new collection by Fashion Week.
This is it darlings. Let's do this.
0 comments:
Post a Comment