Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Silk Chiffonzies vs. Crazy Lady

Slow going for me this season but sometimes My Lifetime doesn't quite mesh as well with My Life as I'd prefer (but capitalizing things about myself makes me feel Very Important). So let's just jump right in to Episode 5 and start from there, shall we?

First of all, this was not the Nina Garcia episode I was led to believe it was going to be. No early critiques, no stress-inducing work room visits, no endless repetition of an emphatic "no". Total let down. However, as far as team challenges go, it was actually interesting-ish. The collections were pretty cohesive and I thought it was very efficiently clever of Team 6 to divide the workload by garment (finally, Man-Pants represents). And of course, no team challenge is complete without some drama and Elena took it upon herself to BRING.IT. Christopher is right. She does have a feral quality about her. Sadly for her, that may be her most interesting quality because her clothes, not so much.

Personally, I liked Freegan's dress the best but I have no quarrel with Melissa's winning design. Smart choice for her to go with not-black. Absolutely horrible choice of print and fabric from the Silk Chiffonzies. Even if their collection wasn't awful, it was still full of silk chiffon. Stop it already. Geesh.

A few other parting thoughts:
1. I don't get why everyone loves Ven's designs so much. It's creeping toward the same one trick and I don't find his tops flattering at all. I guess they are tailored well, but they appear ill-fitting and stiff to me.

2. Is Christopher really as sincere, nice and rational as he seems? Because I want to believe that he really is that adorable.

3. If eye rolling earned us points, I would be Team Gunnar all the way.




3 comments:

jbal said...

I am so with you. Can Christopher be my best friend?
My two observations so far this season: 1. Again with the exposed zippers! Stop it! And 2. Nobody seems like they have an original fashion bone in their body.

jbal said...

Wait, who is Freegan?

lady librarian said...

Freegan = Fabio. He declared himself a freegan in the first episode.